November 13, 2008

Black and blue

Today Reese got her first bloody nose. She was reaching to get Mason's baseball bat and he didn't want her to and they both dove for it and his head hit her lip and nose (basically he body slammed her). Before I could say anything to him, he said sorry to her. I told him to go sit in time out while I went to the bathroom and stopped the bleeding. When I came back out to the family room I explained to him why he was in time out and how we can hurt people when we don't do nice things. He then said "But it's okay now because I prayed to Heavenly Father that she would be better and said sorry to him". How could I be upset with that. When I told Derek about it, he made a good point that although he does mean things sometimes, he's a good boy at heart. Now I just hope her red, fat lip goes away before pictures on Saturday morning.

4 comments:

Hayley's Comment said...

what's saturday morning!? Mason is one of my favorites of all time! love that kid and miss him! Hope to see you next week!

Thompsons said...

What a cute little boy. Mason is such a good example - I have to let my kids read this story. They have something to learn from him!

Hayley's Comment said...

i just realized you said
"pictures" were saturday morning. I'm an idiot. I'm also an idiot for not capitalzing Saturday. Been a long week. forgive me!

mom2jjk said...

I love seeing their little testimonys grow and develop! Good job Mom and Dad for teaching him! :) I do hope her lip heals quickly. Do you think Kara's hair will grow back in time for pictures?