April 24, 2009

Busy Book

I'm a lame Mom. Mason is always bored during the day and I have a hard time finding things for him to do. I'm kicking myself for not getting him into a preschool this year (he'll go in sept). Anyway, while we were at Barnes and Noble the other night (trying to figure out how to be better parents), I came across what seems to be a great little book.

It is full of activities that are simple and cheap. Today, Mason and I washed coins. That's right. Washed coins with a toothbrush and soap and water. It wasted a lot of time and he absolutely loved it. Too bad I needed to spend 10 bucks on a book to tell me that my kid would love this.

8 comments:

Thompsons said...

That is so funny - I just bought the same book!!! I'm only gonna have Milo at home starting in August and I KNOW I'm gonna need stuff for him to do. My friend has it and LOVES it!

Lisita said...

I love book! I get it from the library as often as I can so I should just fork out the cash and buy it. I think I'll have MG clean my money first. ;)

Candice said...

This book sounds wonderful! I'm the type of Mom that needs to tell me what things kids enjoy. (I think I forgot how to have fun doing simple things.)

Megan said...

What a great idea! How fun.

Unguren said...

I often think that I am a pretty lame mom. But then I realize that my mom never did anything that spectacular to keep us entertained and I had a good childhood. But I may have to check out that book...off to find a coupon to Borders.

Blake wants me to point out that Mason totally looks like a Thompson.

Kammy T said...

Oh, I love it! What do you use to clean the money? I think we all need help thinking of things to do with our kids. Especially when it rains so much, I blame the weather.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

my mom gave me those books awhile ago but I've sadly barely opened them. they have them for toddlers too! glad you had fun washing coins!

Hayley's Comment said...

love it! and you are a great mom, did you not teach Mason how to read during "preschool." I miss you guys!