February 16, 2008

Cry Me a River

Yesterday when I was at the Dr, I told him about Reese not sleeping through the night. He asked me if I liked getting up with her in the night...haha! So he suggested this : let her cry herself back to sleep. I'm not an idiot I thought, we all know we should do this. I have hesitated because Mason and her share a room and I DO NOT want him awake in the middle of the night. He said the first night will be bad and she will cry for a while, the second night she will cry a little less and by the third night she will sleep through the night. I'm totally skeptical of this because it sounds to good to be true. So I tried it last night. Mason had already crawled himself into our bed by the time she woke up, so I let him stay there until she fell back asleep. She cried/screamed/played from 1:55-2:40 . I hate hearing my babies scream. I know they are fine, it's just hard to hear. Then it was silent. It is currently 8:06 am and she is still asleep. That is 12 hours with a 45 minute crying episode in between. It was the best night sleep I have had since she quit sleeping through the night at 5 months. Needless to say I am extremly full (nursing), but thrilled as well. Could this really work?

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh we did this with Parker at around 9 months, and I like you hated every minute of it. BUT I would do it again because it does work. It is good for your sleep and for Reesies Piecers well being! Good Luck!

Unguren said...

We are all about letting our kids scream it out for a while. I think it helps them even if it is hard to listen too.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

Oh I can't wait to be able to sleep through the night again!