February 8, 2008

Tag...I'm it?

So, my friend Alisha "tagged" me. I'm flattered, really, although I find myself to be extremely boring! So here it goes. I apologize ahead of time if I make you sleepy.

10 Years Ago: I was working at an accounting office getting ready to move to Salt Lake to live with my brother and his wife and baby.

Things on my to-do list today:
I need to finish the dang laundry. I swear I can do at least two loads of laundry everyday for the rest of my life. It seems to be never ending (and I really don't like to do it). I also need to pack for our quick trip to Vancouver WA to visit Dereks family (Mason is super excited). Then, once I get the kids to bed I'm going to a Stampin Up party. I don't even stamp but I'm so excited to get out of the house! (are you bored yet?)

What I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire: Are you kidding me??? I would buy a big house in Kirkland. I suppose I would pay off all our bills too. I would furnish my house exclusively from Pottery Barn. I would also have a personal trainer. I have thought about this one a lot actually...it's always nice to dream!

3 of my bad habits: I'm addicted to Diet Coke. I'm not proud of it, nor do I want to quit. It's a guilt free pleasure that doesn't add up on the calories. I also crack my knuckles, I don't consider it bad, just annoying sometimes. I also rarely wear my hair down. I do think this is a bad habit. My hair is naturally curly and frizzes like no other when I wear it down. I will straighten it with a flat iron if I have time but rarely do I have an hour to do my hair.

3 places I have lived: Moses Lake Wa (for 18 months when I was a toddler), Salt Lake City (after high school) and Bothell Wa

5 jobs that I have had: Ivers, Witsoe Haug and Associates, Eagle Hardware, SAFECO Life and Investments and Lowe's Home Improvement.

5 Things people don't know about me: (this is gonna be boring and embarrassing)

We live in my parents basement. Kind of embarrassing to admit, but I'm so grateful for their willingness to share their house while we try and buy. We actually like living here. We have a great area all to ourselves.

I'm not your typical Mormon housewife. I don't scrapbook, sew, quilt, read novels, I'm actually a loser. I would love too, but my craftiness NEVER looks good enough for me.

I love to buy clothes for my kids. I look at gap.com at least 3 times a day for good deals or new arrivals.

I get embarrassed really easily. Mostly over TV shows and embarrassing things people say and do on reality shows. I cover my eyes during the auditions on American Idol. I feel so bad for those idiots. I love the show The Soup, but it basically recaps all the embarrassing things people have said and done on TV that week. I'm pretty much bright red by the end of the show.

I drive a minivan. Since Mason was 8 months old. I babysat two other kids at the time and it was ideal. I actual love it, although I would much rather have a Tahoe or a luxury van. Derek on the other hand is a little (a lot) embarrassed by it. One time (right after we got it) as we were driving away from a gas station, a guy on a motorcycle (about our age) says "nice van" sarcastically. Derek replid "you like that?" He was pretty much mortified.

4 comments:

Unguren said...

It is funny that you are embarrased by your van. Blake and I can't wait to buy one. It will be like a little piece of heaven.

Shannon said...

I didn't find this boring at all! I loved it. I loved the "I drink Diet Coke, not proud of it, and am not going to quit" :)
We've lived in my parents house, and now have a house in Kirkland (not big) -- but living there was worth it!
I love my mini-van!
I am not your typical mormon mom either and I'm proud of it. I don't sew, scapbook, or others "mormon mom stuff" but we do blog so that is a form of writing down our families history. (you know you can print out a book of your blog)?
Anyway, I loved it.
Your kids are soooo cute in their jammies!!!

Kammy T said...

Carly, I love it! But uh....I know all those things about you, where are your juicy secrets? Kidding. And, I think you are a great Mormon mom.

Alisha Marlatt said...

Totally not boreing! Thanks for indulging me and being a good sport! I figured that since we've known each other since we were, what? about 3 or 4? that I should maybe get to know you as an adult. It's been a while since we last spent time together. I didn't know you lived in your parents house. Actually, I'm kind of jealous! I would for my kids to be around their grandparents more. Anyway, thanks again, it was very interesting!