July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth!


It really was a good day. Considering I didn't have Derek (baseball tournament in Yakima), I think it went well. I did have a lot of help from the rest of my great family. We went to the Bothell Parade and let me tell you, it was HOT! At least for us it was hot, 85 degrees. I know that sounds like heaven to some of my family! Anyway, Reese was pretty miserable the whole time. She was super tired and then got sunscreen in her eyes. It was pretty sad to see her swollen eyes, but she cheered up after her nap. We had a BBQ at my parents house with our whole family. We celebrated my nephew Jack's birthday (which was the 3rd) and the kids cooled off by playing in the little pool and slip and slide. I was so exhausted by the end of the day but I truly think it was worth it. I do these things for the kids!!!

Aren't they the cutest brothers?!? I think so!

Reesie doesn't really get it yet, but I'm taking away her binky. She is more addicted to them now then she was 6 months ago. I wish I would have done it then.

We aren't really a firework family. We buy the fireworks that stay on the ground and that is about it. I'm actually really glad. What a waste of money. You might as well have lit the two twenty dollar bills I used to buy them. And did there seem to be more fireworks in your neighborhood then last year? It seemed like it at my house. It was literally non stop from about 7 to well after midnight (plus most of the day too). Thankfully my kids were so tired it didn't even faze them!

5 comments:

Kammy T said...

It was a long, fun, tiring day. I'm so glad we have you guys close to celebrate with. My big boys and I sat in our driveway for about an hour and saw tons of big ones last night. Perfect, since we'll never be lighting those off! I think our little show was JUST RIGHT!

Hayley's Comment said...

I miss you and Tayler wants to come for a visit soon since she is living here! See you Friday?!

Unguren said...

I thought that I was one of the only people that didn't really care about fireworks. Good to see there is more than just me.

Ashley said...

Cute pictures! Kirsten still has her binkie too, and she's SO addicted to it. Darn those binkies!

Dani Cloud said...

Cute pictures! Hey cute bows..they look familiar to me. :) Glad your day turned out good and your girls got to wear their new bows. So what do you think of them?