November 10, 2007

Carnation 5K!


I ran my very first 5K today! It felt so great! My sister, brother and sister-in-law also ran it. I finished the run in 30:48. That's pretty good for me considering I can do that on the treadmill and I haven't run outdoors in years. I thought for sure I would run it slower. I ran with my sister the whole time and even got close to my brother near the end! It was wet and muddy, but it really didn't seem to bother us. Maybe next year we'll try for the the 10K.....?

3 comments:

Maudjean said...

Dad and I are super proud of all four of you! (Kammy and Carly! You both had babies this year! Extra amazing!) We'll have to start training right away to join you next year!

WAY TO GO!

Kammy T said...

Carly you were awesome! I love the action shot of you and Kacey. Great picture! And it shows how skinny you are getting!

Karine said...

The only thing I am runnin for these days are the twinkies! I am so proud of you!