July 31, 2008

All by myself!


Mason got his hair cut today. We always go to Bella & Max at Country Village. It's a children's boutique and it has a salon upstairs (it's absolutely the best). Anyway, when the kids are done they get a free ticket to go on the train. And when I say train, I mean a guy that drives a tractor with little coaches behind it. Mason loves it. Today he said "Mom, I don't want you to go with me because I'm too scared" HUH??? So I said "You want to go alone?" He said "Yes, because I'm almost four." I was happy not to go because I hate squeezing my fat butt in one of the seats and Reese was happy in the stroller. I only had my camera phone so sorry about the quality of the pictures (you can click on the photo to make them bigger).



This may sound stupid...but it's was so awesome to see my little guy so grown up. We walked down to see him driving around country village and I was almost emotionally seeing him alone. Not sad, but happy. I can't believe how big he's getting so fast! The smile on his face was different then I see everyday. It was pure excitement!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Brooks ever gets some more hair I know where to take him! It's getting thicker, but that's about it.

I feel the same way now that Brooks is one...it's too weird to think about him actually having a conversation with real words instead of the jibberish and random pointing at things he does now. And we're starting a montessori-like toddler group in September...he was just born!!

Kammy T said...

I'll have to check that place out, I was just thinking that Murphy really needed a real haircut. What a big boy Mason is!

Shannon said...

Oh Carly I love this post for some reason. It doesn't sound stupid that you got emotional seeing him alone... independent. It is a happy sad. They grow up fast, but how fun to see them grow and learn and be proud to be doing things themselves. Plus I would have liked to not fit my fat butt in too, if I was shooed away. :)You make me laugh
I'll also have to check our Bella & Max thanks for the tip!

Unguren said...

You know that you are big when you can go on the train alone. Well done Mason.