July 8, 2008

Bothell Parade

We have been going to the Bothell parade since I can remember. I love this tradition and it's even better now that I can take my own kids. But I had no idea how stressful it was to get the seats we wanted. You'd think it was the Seafair parade or something. I drove through downtown Bothell around 3pm on the 3rd and some losers were already setting up chairs...so I joined them. Then I had to worry all night that somebody was going to steal them or throw them aside. Nobody else worried, just me. I made Derek go with me around 9pm that night and check to see if they were still there, HE WAS SO ANNOYED! Anyway, it all worked out and we had a great time. It was totally worth it.

The sun came out a few times which was nice, but it made Mason sneeze.

This is how I had to keep Reese happy. Food. The girl loves food.

The Seafair Pirates come every year and this is how Mason handled it. They are loud and pretty scary for a 3 year old.

8 comments:

Jaime said...

oh how fun! Sounds like a blast. Love that Reese loves her food, she is just such a cutie.

Unguren said...

That looks like it was fun. I would stress about the chairs too. You are not alone.

Food is the only way to keep kids happy.

Anonymous said...

I saw your mom and said hi as we walked down to Main Street - Brooks was unphased by the Pirates which completely surprised me. Next year he'll be scared of them AND Santa.

I agree...food is the key to happiness. Brooks is a bottomless pit. Wish my metabolism worked like that!

SusanAbrahamsen said...

My brothers family went to that too, he said a pirate came by my nephew(2 yrs old) and pulled off his hearing protection and said "can you hear me now". My nephew was super scared...
They are super loud, Mason handled it like a trouper :) Reese is precious, too cute with her mouth full!
~Susan

Shannon said...

I love that you got seats so early...maybe that's the key to liking parades. we got second row seats (standing) :) I love that your husband, even though annoyed, went to check on your seats later:)
"some losers were setting up chairs, so I joined them." ...You make me laugh!

Shannon said...

That's awesome that you are passing that tradition on! Reese is SO cute in that hat.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

what fun. i love that you joined the losers setting up! :)

Hayley's Comment said...

I remember those parades! Weren't we jump roping in one and on a float another year? Glad to see the tradition lives on.