July 1, 2008

THIS BIG!

Today I saw a spider in my bathroom the size of Reese's head. Really. It looked similar to this, but a lot bigger.
Seriously though, probably the size of a baseball and that was just the body. I can usually kill a spider with out any problems, but this would be like killing a mouse or something. THANKFULLY, Derek was still home and did the damage (with the closest thing he could find..a children's book). I've been pretty much creeped out the whole morning. My mom didn't help any by saying when there is one their mate is close by...thanks mom.

5 comments:

Kammy T said...

That is my WORST nightmare. SO creepy. Sorry, and here's to hoping the mate is on someone else's property.

Maudjean said...

You're welcome, Sweetie, I always say: "Forewarned is forearmed". So keep those children's books close by!

Hayley's Comment said...

Weird. I just read an entire story about spiders in the rain forest that are literally the size of a baseball (the body). Creepy. Totally believe you!

Jaime said...

That is pretty gross! Sorry that happened to you. I can relate, my basement apartment got spiders that were huge like that, and I freaked out every time I killed one, the crunch of the shell was the grosses thing ever.

Unguren said...

So creepy! I am not a fan of bugs and I especially do not like bugs that are big enough to eat a small child. Gross.