September 23, 2008

Mario Party!



Mason had an awesome time at his party Friday night! He had all of his best friends come (half of them are cousins). We tried to talk him into having a baseball themed party but he absolutely insisted on Super Mario Brothers. I know, I know. Thankfully I found some things on birthdayexpress.com and was able to decorate a pinata like a chain bomb thing that is in a Mario Brother game. Derek decided that he didn't want to do the whole pinata bashing thing this year and I had already made the pinata. So he thought it would be fun to throw the pinata off the playhouse and see how many times it would take before the pinata exploded. I think it was three times, and then some of the older cousins ripped it open and dumped all the candy out (thank you Griffin and Trevor!). I don't think the kids minded our new way of breaking open the pinata, all they cared about was the end result! Thanks to everyone who came and shared this fun night with us! Here are some pictures from our night!







Here all all the kids that came to the party, minus Murphy (who was eating on his dads lap). I'm sorry to say that my Mom doesn't have 4 high chairs.




I think the cake turned out perfect! I ordered a cake topper from ebay. It's like a picture but edible and you can apply it to your own cake. I had Albertson's apply it to one of their cakes because I know I would have screwed it up. It's a good thing it was a good cake because it cost me a small fortune! Mason might have thought it was his first birthday because he decided to pick up his piece and eat it with his hands. What have I taught this child???





He received a lot of fun gifts! The one gift that he absolutely went nuts over was the one his dad gave him. I'm so bummed that I wasn't video taping it. He basically was freaking out and yelling how it's "exactly what I wanted" and then at the end he did a fist pump! I don't think I even knew he knew what a fist pump was. I thankfully got a picture of that. Oh and the gift was a video game for the Nintendo DS called MLB Power Pros (baseball game). Of course it had to be a video game!

Mom's side note- I don't normally let him wear shirts with characters on them (especially Mario) but I allowed it this one time because it went along with the theme of his party. I'm such a good mom :)

8 comments:

Desiree said...

I LOVE this blog. The fist pump is hilarious! It was a fun party, and you are a great mom for letting him wear a themed shirt. :) Oh, and I love the eating the cake with his hands, so funny.

Shannon said...

Oh Carly! I loved the fist pump too.

fun party!

Cakes are made for picking up with your hands! (Parker ate his like a dog)

Great Post!

You are such a great mom Carly!

allison said...

Wow, you are a fun mom.
Lets do a play date with all the kids soon.
Allison

Hayley's Comment said...

Sad I missed it but was glad I got to see him Sunday. I agree with you and don't like character shirts. Something about them drive me crazy, but I'm glad you gave in for his bday! He even looks older now!

Shannon said...

It was SO funny when he did that! We all had so much fun. Your family is so cute.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

that was such a cute blog. it totally made me laugh. i loved your side note, the fist pump and your mom's highchairs all lined up. good job on the pinata too! you are a good mom!
i love your layout too!

mom2jjk said...

Great pinata! I am impressed. I am with you on the character clothes. Rarely allowed at my house too! Tell Mason Happy Birthday!

Unguren said...

That looks like it was a great party. I think that a fist pump is the only appropriate way to say you like a present.