September 25, 2008

Rock & Roll

If any of you know me or Derek you would know we don't go to concerts. Not that we don't like music, but it's just one of those things we don't go out and do regularly (or ever). Until this last weekend! Derek got me tickets to see my favorite group ever, Counting Crows, down in Vancouver. We actually had a lot of fun and it was nice to be child free for a day and a night. The concert was good but we were actually more impressed with Maroon 5 who preformed before Counting Crows. I got a few pictures, but we were in the last row of the Amphitheater so they obviously weren't the best quality.


This little blurry spec is Adam Levine from Maroon 5. He was awesome. I never knew I was a Maroon 5 fan until this night!


This is Adam Duritz from Counting Crows. He remixed his songs so much that it was hard to sing along, so I was kind of bummed about that. He probably does that for a reason so he doesn't have crazy fans like me singing!


Derek was caught a few times doing this. I'm sure it was important.


It was really nice to get away and do something different! I must admit though, I HATE LEAVING MY KIDS! I had never left Reese overnight before, and I've only done it twice with Mason and one of those times is when Reese was born. Not that I didn't think they were in good hands with my sister and my mom, but I just really hate to be away from them. Thankfully we got up early Sunday and drove home so we weren't even gone 24 hours. Needless to say, they were SOOOO excited to see us when we got home.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I do hate it when I go to concerts and they rearrange the songs you want to sing along to. They probably do it for themselves to change it up. But the concerts are for us not them, right!

Hayley's Comment said...

I love that picture of you and derek! Also I'm glad you are a Maroon five fan!

Shannon said...

I'm jealous! How fun. I love Maroon five.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

how fun. i wish i could've gone. i love both those bands.

Jaime said...

Sounds like fun! we're having our first night away in November, and we're looking forward to it.

allison said...

Carly, You can totally do the eBay thing. Go sign up at www.herecomesthestork.com and they will teach you everything you need to know.

Heather said...

Ooh, Counting Crows puts on such a good show. I've seen them a few times, and the last time they were at the Gorge w/Maroon 5 and John Mayer. That was before I had kids though :). I'm jealous, glad you had fun!