October 4, 2007

Bad, bad people

Yesterday our house was broken into while I was running errands. I drove into our driveway and saw the front door had been kicked open and knew something bad had happened. I called Derek and then 911 (staying in my car). An officer was there in 5 minutes and he had me go to the 7-11 down the street until he checked the place out with another officer. Derek got there soon after that. My mom was able to come pick up the kids before I went back. Then we assessed our loss. New plasma TV, XBOX 360, PSP, games and other little electronics. They didn't touch our check books or bills. The crazy thing is, I had put our lap top on top of the fridge that morning because Mason kept trying to play with it. I have never done that before and apparently he didn't see it up there! What a blessing, to lose personal information and ALL my kids pictures would have been devastating. He also didn't open up one of the drawers to see our new digital camera! It sucks having your stuff stolen, but the worst feeling is being violated. We have renters insurance so we know we'll get our stuff back, but I have this sick feeling inside all the time now. I wish it would go away already!! We were moving out anyway this week, so I decided to just pack up last night and get all the important stuff out. I never thought this would happen to us. Even a locked, dead bolted door won't keep bad people from doing bad things!

1 comment:

Karine said...

I am so very sorry for such an unfortunate event to take place! I can't understand how people can get to a point in their lives where they can justify such bad behavior. I am just glad that you and the kids weren't home at the time, and that they didn't get your computer!
Take care!