January 28, 2008

Winter Blast 2008...

I like to name the winter weather around here. Seattle usually stops for a few hours when it snows. Give us a break...we just aren't that used to it! It snowed a good 4-5 inches in Bothell. I would probably compare it to 1-2 feet of snow somewhere where snow is more common. Derek's work was closed until 10am so we took advantage of it and took the kids out in it. Mason loved it! Reese got a kick out of it too. Mason wore last years snowsuit because I didn't think to buy him one. This is actually a "hand me down".


I figured if he dropped her, the snow would soften her fall...but he didn't.




I would call this our white trash version of a sled. I don't see the point of storing a sled for the other 360 days that it doesn't snow. Maybe when they are older I'll splurge the ten bucks (and the storage) and buy one. For now, this will work and they love it!




We had a fun morning in the snow. Apparently there is more snow to come!

5 comments:

Unguren said...

That looks like so much fun. I dig that the sled is multifunction. It is fun that you get to play in the snow even if it is not that often.

Shannon said...

How cute is that!!! I love the laundry basket sled, it's a creative idea. Way better than storing a sled!
I'll tell you all about google reader, it's like an email that tells you when someone has updated their blog so you don't have to just go to all of them everyday to see if they have updated....it will tell you. It is great. I'm having my sister or me do a step by step how to -- to set up your google reader. It will be posted on my blog, hopefully sometime soon

Kammy T said...

I love your new header! You'll have to teach me!

Unguren said...

I like your new banner and colors! Cute!

Shannon said...

hey...you asked what a reader was for checking other blogs. If you want to learn how to set one up my sister wrote a step by step how to on my blog, check it out if you want. It will make checking your friends blogs so much easier!