March 19, 2008

30 is the new 20

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEREK!


Since it's Derek's 30th birthday today, I thought I would dedicate a post to him. This isn't an easy birthday for him, he's pretty much dreaded it all year. Here is a small pictorial of his baby days.

Appropriately, here are 30 things you may know or not know about him:
  1. He's very smart, borderline genius I would say. His math skills are amazing
  2. He is 5'11" (maybe a little shorter)
  3. He has 1 brother
  4. He was born and raised in Norwich, Connecticut.
  5. His middle name is Allen
  6. He went to Syracuse University for two years
  7. His favorite candy is Buncha Crunch
  8. He drives a maroon Isuzu Rodeo
  9. He is a huge sports fan (with the exception of soccer)
  10. He is the Varsity baseball coach for Lake Washington High School
  11. He loves fantasy baseball, basketball and football
  12. He shaves his head weekly
  13. His favorite baseball team is the Red Sox
  14. His favorite basketball team is the Sixers
  15. His favorite football team is the Dolphins
  16. His favorite hockey team is the Bruins
  17. He has 2 cousins (I think I have over 50)
  18. He moved to Seattle when he was 19 (I think)
  19. He's a meat and potatoes kind of guy (not big on the ethnic thing)
  20. He can lose 5lbs just thinking about it
  21. His best friend is Mason and Reese is his biggest fan
  22. He hates the Yankees
  23. He lives with his in-laws
  24. He can juggle
  25. He enjoys making fun of my old boyfriends
  26. He's not into the whole traveling outside of the U.S. thing
  27. He's a big fan of the internet
  28. He has an xbox 360
  29. He is a great husband
  30. He is an AMAZING father!

I love you Derek, I hope you have a great day! I'm sorry you're 30 already. I know this is hard for you, but I still love you and I'm so glad it's you and not me. Just kidding, I'll be there in 18 months! I'm also sorry you have to work your entire birthday. We'll celebrate Saturday! Go kick some Mustang butt tonight!!! GO KANGS!


4 comments:

Unguren said...

Those were fun things to share. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Derek..
Happy Birthday. We are so proud of you. Carly, thanks for putting together the blog and this tribute to Derek's 30 years.

The Bredensteiners said...

hey carly,
it was my hubby's 30th on the 13th! he feels old already...great idea with the tribute blog, maybe i should have done something like that :)
check out our blog
www.bredensteiner.blogspot.com

Hayley's Comment said...

Happy belated Birthday! I would love to come and watch one of his baseball games! I heart baseball!