April 24, 2008

Candy made of gold?

I've been starting to plan Reese's 1st birthday. I have always had in mind that I wanted to do a pink themed party. I know it's popular for a little girls party, but I don't want anything too commercial. Anyway, I thought a bowl of pink M & M's would be perfect and I knew they did personal messages on them too. So I went to their website. They make you buy a minimum of three 7 oz bags for a grand total of....$55 (with shipping and tax). I couldn't believe it. I could only imagine getting so uptight while I watched people eating my VERY expensive candy. I'm pretty sure I can find a cheaper pink candy for the table!

6 comments:

Unguren said...

We did a pink theme for Laney's first birthday. It was really cute. We had lots of pink candies, such as, strawberry twizzlers, strawberry whoppers, pink jelly bellies, pink M&M's, we made rice crispy treats and added red food coloring to make them pink, and we got some pink suckers from Party City. If there is one of those stores by you you should go there. Ours had different color bags of Jelly Bellies and M&M's. (Or you could see if you could find some breast cancer awareness M&Ms. they are pink.)

Carly said...

Those are such great ideas! THANK YOU!! I didn't realize they sold pink things like that at party city. I'm so glad I didn't buy those ones online!!!! Did you do lunch/dinner or just snacks at her party? I was hoping I could get away with snacks only!

Kammy T said...

You know I love anything pink! I was going to do M'n'ms on Murphy's cupcakes because of the whole "M" thing, but the first bag I bought you could hardly read the m'n'ms so I didn't. I still can't believe she's 1. Time flies. I'm afraid I might miss her party :(

Jaime said...

I checked that out once too, and was not impressed by the cost. Andrew's uncle even works for Hershey, but no discount of course.

Have you checked ebay? there might be some valentine m & m candy available there. Otherwise, what about fruit flavored mentos. Just an idea. Good luck with her party.

Jaime said...

p.s. Fred Meyer sells Jelly Bellies now, and they might be cheaper than Party City, worth checking out if you want to save a couple bucks!

Hayley's Comment said...

When's the party?! I think you should make everyone wrap their presents in pink wrapping, well make me anyway! I MISS YOU!