April 9, 2008

Ready to Read


For the last couple months I've been teaching Mason how to read. I bought the same book that my mom had when she taught my little brother how to read 16 years ago. I had no idea how fast and effective it would be. I love that he looks forward to "school" everyday and sounds out the letters that he sees through out his day. Last night we decided that we should get him on tape. I'm extremely proud of him and in his interest to learn. There are some letters that are harder than others but I think he has caught on very quickly. I'm putting these on especially for grandparents and great grandparents. This is not intended to be a "brag" post either. I feel if my child can do it, any child can!





This is just a little bit of what he can read. He has most three letter words down. It is such a huge accomplishment for him and myself. I am so glad I stuck with it!!

8 comments:

Kammy T said...

Way to go Mason! And Carly. That's awesome. I think learning to read is one of those most amazing magical moments with kids. It COMPLETELY changes their life.

Unguren said...

Brag away! I think when my kids are reading I will let everyone know. And tell them they can pat me on the back too!

Good Job!

Jaime said...

The video doesn't work! But, nonetheless that is a very exciting milestone that he has reached. Keep on reading Mason.

Carly said...

weird that the video doesn't work. It works for me! Anyone else have that problem? I'll see what I can do...

Shannon said...

The video works and I llllllove how your hubby would say what's that word? and Mason would yell "Jack" "Dog"...so dang cute.

It's your blog you can brag all you want! And that is something to brag about! I love it. And I will refer back to this post when I'm ready to teach Parker to read....Thanks and again so cute, so smart. You are a great mom Carly!

Jaime said...

I visited your page again, and I got the videos to work. Weird they didn't the last time. Thanks for sharing this, I can't wait to get that book. :)

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

I'm so glad you posted this. Hayely was telling me about this and I've been meaning to call you to find out what the book is. What a wonderful teacher you are. Hopefully Alexis will be as receptive as Mason. Good work. The video worked for me.

Hayley's Comment said...

I am so proud of both of you! I have truly seen him in action just sounding out words as the day goes! Impressive! I can see the video too!