April 3, 2008

Day 7 - Trevor, Trains and Throw Up

Yes...I said throw up! That can never be good with three kids 3 and under. This is how it went down. I went to go pick up Trever (my nephew & Kacey's stepson) from the crosswalk after school today. Today was the first day I have him and he will be with us until Saturday when Kacey and Dan come home. Anyway, while we were waiting for him, Jack said that his back hurt. I looked back and he was totally green and sweaty. Before I could get out to see what was wrong he started to throw up. I got out quickly and got some clothes out of the diaper bag to catch it and clean him up. Trevor was walking up right when this was happening. I stripped Jack down to cool him down and get his dirty clothes off of him. All I could think of was Kacey and how she's going to want to come home and not want her boy to be sick and tons of other things...like why did his back hurt? Anyway, he sat their green all the way home (throwing up one more time). I called my mom and told her and she said kids will often say something else hurts when they are about to throw up not knowing why they feel the way they do (make sense?). So we got home and cleaned him up better and got him some water. Not even 5 minutes later he was totally back to his old self. I was so relieved. I'm still going to keep an eye on him, but he has shown no more signs of being sick. I'm thinking that maybe he got over heated or car sick?? He had woken up about 10 seconds before we left the house and I put a sweatshirt on him (he was already sweaty from his nap). I'm hoping that is all it is!! Anyway, these pictures were taken about 10 minutes after we got home. As you can see he is back to his old self!! Oh, and he LOVES having his big brother here!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm so sorry!!! It's really nice to see Trevor's face. I bet he's been very busy building tracks and transforming toys. Hang in there, Carly and thanks again!