April 13, 2008

Summer in April

What an amazing day we had in Seattle yesterday. We thought it was going to be around 70, but at our house it reached over 80 degrees! Needless to say it was perfect! Derek had practice in the morning then took Mason to the field to do some work. Later that evening, we went to Juanita Beach. It was hard to believe it was April. Mason had fun playing in the sand and playing on the playground. Reese had her first experience eating sand and it didn't seem to faze her. I loved having them wear shorts and short sleeved shirts. It's been a LONG winter and it was so nice to see a little piece of summer.





On the way home from the beach we stopped at Dairy Queen. Reese loves ice cream and eventually I had to take her out because she was yelling so loud for more. Mason loves banana "spwits" and got his very own. It was such a great day, the kids were gems at the beach, which always makes going out so much better!

3 comments:

Kammy T said...

What a fun day! I'm so glad you got to spend it as a family. I'm sentimental about Juanita beach because that's where our family went when I was a kid! Love it!

Great pictures by the way!

Hayley's Comment said...

I remember those good old days at Juanita. Do you? I have lots of pictures of us when we were little there. It was such a beautiful day! I was able to go to the Mariners day that night and all day was spent in seattle with a friend from DC. I hope that means spring is here to stay! Love the pics!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

The weather was wonderful. What a wonderful day for hayley to be at the m's game. Hopefully we'll have more sunny days soon.